Friday, September 29, 2017

This simple text could save your life

It could save yours too!
Step 3: Sign up for Breast Health Reminders
Cathy,

Erin is probably a lot like you – a busy, young woman trying to stay on top of it all, including her health. To make it easier, she took advantage of Bright Pink’s Breast Health Reminders™. This simple monthly text saved her life.

It could save yours too. Text BRIGHT to 59227 for your monthly reminder to monitor your breast health.

Our Breast Health Reminders help you establish your normal on each month so that if anything abnormal does pop up, you'll be equipped to notice it and bring it to the attention of your healthcare provider.

When detected early, the 5-year survival rate for breast cancer can be greater than 98 percent! And 80 percent of breast cancers in young women are first detected by a woman herself before being confirmed by a healthcare provider. The power is in your hands.

Take step three now: Sign up for our monthly text message reminders by texting BRIGHT to 59227. Then reply "Y" to opt-in. That's it! Then you're all set to receive a monthly reminder to practice breast self-awareness.

See how this quick and easy action inspired Erin to adapt a live-saving habit.

Happy reading,
Bright Pink
Erin with her sisters and nieces
Erin (left) with sister and nieces.
I remember signing up for Bright Pink’s Breast Health Reminders™ without giving it much thought. Let’s be honest, we all live on our phones so what’s one more text a month?

When that first message popped up, I spent a lot of time checking my body to make sure everything felt okay. It did. So I went on with my life. For the next few months, I would get my reminder from Bright Pink and spend some time feeling for anything abnormal. It became a habit.

It would have been so easy for me to become complacent. I was 34 years old and, month after month, everything seemed fine. Until it wasn’t.

My August reminder came, and I found a lump.

Commence the mammograms, ultrasounds, surgery and eventual diagnosis. Luckily, we caught my breast cancer in its early stages and I was going to be okay.

My journey to okay started because of a text message. Had I not signed up for Breast Health Reminders™, had I grown lazy and ignored them each month, my prognosis could have been much different.

That text truly saved my life.

This is my story but, really, it could be anyone’s story. The fact is, all women have at least a 1 in 8 chance of developing breast cancer in their lifetime and, for those with a family history of the disease, the risk is even higher. But, there’s good news. All young women have the power to be powerful advocates for their own health and being proactive is the first step.

We know the odds. We know how high the stakes are. And I’m here to remind you that we have the power to do something about it.
One Minute Health Win: What's easier than a text? That's all it takes sign up for Bright Pink’s Breast Health Reminders. Text “BRIGHT” to 59227.

Message frequency is recurring after opt-in. Text STOP to cancel. Msg&data rates may apply. T&Cs and Privacy: https://www.brightpink.org/privacy-policy/

Copyright © 2017 Bright Pink, All rights reserved..This is an opt in email from BrightPink.org

Our mailing address is:

No comments:

Post a Comment