Friday, March 29, 2019

The Things That Get You Through

Everyone will go through a tough time or a trauma in their life. You need a go-to list of items you can latch onto to help you through it.


PUBLISHED March 28, 2019

Dana Stewart was diagnosed with breast cancer in 2010 at the age of 32. She is the co-founder of a cancer survivorship organization called The Dragonfly Angel Society. She volunteers as an advocate and mentor, focusing on young adults surviving cancer. She enjoys writing about life as a cancer survivor, as well as connecting survivors to the resources, inspirations and stories that have helped her continue to live her best life, available at www.dragonflyangelsociety.com .
Not everyone will get cancer and not everyone will know someone diagnosed with cancer. However, almost everyone will go through some sort of rough time or trauma in their lives. When that happens, we all need something to latch onto; something to get us through it.

My toughest time was my diagnosis with breast cancer at 32 years old. I had never prepared myself for something horrible to happen to me and I walked the earth as if I wore an invisible cloak. I figured nothing could touch me. I was even super confident when I found a lump in my breast. I was so sure it was a cyst or any other thing that could be easily explained. It was explained with three words: “You have cancer.”

No comments:

Post a Comment